Please join us for "Public Health Partnerships and Responses to COVID-19 in St. Mary's County," a virtual panel presented by the Center for the Study of Democracy.
WHEN: Wednesday, June 24, 2020, from 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
WHAT: "Public Health Partnerships and Responses to COVID-19 in St. Mary's County," a virtual panel featuring St. Mary’s College of Maryland Scientists on the COVID-19 Scientific Advisory Group and the St. Mary’s County Health Department to discuss public health issues including COVID-19. The panel is designed to highlight the role of sound, science-based leadership and decision-making in public health; discuss the importance of public partnerships in addressing public health challenges; and identify and highlight the ways in which a liberal arts educational institution like St. Mary’s College can contribute in this process. Speakers on the panel include:
- Meenakshi Brewster, St. Mary's County health officer
- Kevin Emerson, associate professor of biology at SMCM
- Linden McBride, assistant professor of economics at SMCM
- Emek Köse, associate professor of mathematics at SMCM
- Troy Townsend, assistant professor of chemistry at SMCM
- Jessica Malisch, assistant professor of physiology at SMCM
- William (Bill) Roberts, professor of anthropology at SMCM
WHERE: This is a virtual event. You can access the event at the following link [https://bit.ly/smcmphp].
There is no charge or registration required. ALL ARE WELCOME!
Please send all questions or comments to email@example.com and feel free to share with your networks.