After much anticipation, the campus and local communities will gather to celebrate the dedication of this state-of-the-art facility and the legacy of Jamie L. Roberts ’11.
No registration required – Open to the public – Gates open at noon
Schedule of Events
- 12:30 p.m. - Dedication Ceremony
- 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Community Celebration
Schedule of Games
"The Seahawk Classic," Men’s Soccer Tournament, on the grass field
- 2:00 p.m. - SMCM vs. Bridgewater College
- 4:00 p.m. - Salisbury University vs. Kean University
- Please Note: The final tournament game is to be played the next day, Sunday, September 8, 2019
- 6:00 p.m. - SMCM field hockey vs. Eastern Mennonite University, on the artificial turf field
- 7:00 p.m. - SMCM women’s soccer vs. Stevenson University, on the grass field
Food & Activities
A tented area beside the Jamie L. Roberts Stadium will create a gathering place for fan fair and family friendly activities. Food truck vendors will be available.
Driving & Parking Directions
From Point Lookout Road (Route 5) or Three Notch Road (Route 235), turn onto Mattapany Road. All vehicles will then be directed to College Drive. There will be directional signage and staff posted at intersections giving instructions for both reserved and general parking. Advise staff if you need handicap parking. Refer to this map for further details. For GPS navigation, please use the following address:
18952 E. Fisher Road
St. Mary’s City, MD 20686
The Jamie L. Roberts Stadium is located approximately one-tenth of a mile from the intersection of College Drive and Mattapany Road – behind the archaeological site and commemoration site: A Commemorative to Enslaved Peoples of Southern Maryland.
Please plan to arrive early to make your way to the stadium. There will be shuttles between parking areas and the stadium beginning at 10:00 a.m. and ending at 4:00 p.m.
Visit the page often for updates