Are looking for a prestigious, fun and engaging internship opportunity with local defense contractors this summer?
The Patuxent Partnership is excited to announce that their SoMD 2030 workforce development summer internship program is now accepting applications!
Come join us on November 20 from 12:00 - 12:45 p.m. in Campus Center 205 to LEARN MORE about the internship program and how to apply! Register through Handshake here.
SoMD 2030 is focused on building up the STEM pipeline, increasing career opportunities and expanding partnerships with government, industry and academia. This collaborative effort is funded by the Naval Air Warfare Center Aviation Division (NAWCAD). This initiative connects talented students with paid apprenticeships and internships in southern MD with local industry, government, and non-profits – leading to further education and career opportunities.
College Internship Requirements
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Software Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Communications, Psychology or a related field at an accredited undergraduate institution
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Possess strong analytical, research, and communication skills that demonstrate capacity for critical thinking
- Have a desire to learn and explore new skills, technologies
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent U.S. resident
- Participate in professional development sessions on Fridays between 9-11am
College Internship Benefits
- Valuable experience for 8 weeks during the summer
- Earn money while learning sought-after skills ($17/hour)
- Potentially earn college credit for internship hours completed (eligibility depends on school requirements)
- Learn from mentors who are leaders in the field and their companies • Network and make connections to local industry and government agencies in southern MD
- Participate in recruiting, educational, and social events for intern cohort
- Meet, connect, and grow with other college intern participants
We hope you can make it!